Semi final one thoughts....

Well, semi final one is now history and it's nearly time for bed, but before I go to bed I thought I would pass on my initial thoughts on the show.

Overall, I think the performances were poor.  There was a lot of nervous performances which affected the singers' voices.  Biggest disappointment for me was the performance of Azerbaijan, who going into the semi tonight was my favourite song.  They will have to perform better if they want to be in with a shout on Saturday as their song certainly deserves a top 5 finish.

As for who has qualified, I don't think there were really any surprises.  The songs that qualified either gave a good performance, had a good song or would have been expecting to qualify through "friendly" voting.  I didn't expect the Swiss to qualify and I didn't expect Turkey not to get through on the "friendly" voting at least.   The worst song qualifying for me tonight was Greece.

Finally, the stage and backgrounds looked fantastic!  More from me tomorrow!  Night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Why?!