3 weeks have passed........... nearly


I still cannot believe that I was in the arena 3 weeks ago today as the first semi final had finished and a group of us were heading for The Monkey Club to party the night away!!!!

What a semi final that was............ Poland getting last place, Norway, Turkey and Armenia not qualifying.............. though to be honest I am not suprised and no matter how many people say there was technical problems that night I still think the best 10 songs went through and even Georgia has started to grow on me since the show.

My biggest suprise from the week was how badly some of the pre contest favourites did............. UK, France, Estonia and Hungary to name a few.

My personal favourite was Italy and I was overjoyed that Raphael Gualazzi took them to that coveted 2nd place, even though I was convinced that with 3 votes to go Italy were gonna pip Azerbaijan to the post.

I did say (though not on here) that Azerbaijan would be Top 5, but honestly never saw it as the winner........... I think they have sent stronger songs in the past 2 years. I even said that if they could not win with Safura then they would not win with this!!!! How wrong was I???

The fabulous Dana International never even made the final from Semi Final 2 and had she had a stronger song would have taken the Kate Ryan award for this year but that does unfortunately go to Stella from Norway. However she is the only former winner to take part in the past few years that has not gone through to the final.

Maybe the biggest thing for the UK fans was for the first time in years at the end of a set of votes was to see the United Kingdom sitting top of the leader board albeit briefly, but it was a wonderful site to behold for a few minutes.

So Baku next year and another fantastic show will be had, but where? There is talk of several places but we will know soon enough!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Why?!