I Wonder...................its frightening!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it might be for some countries in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest. I wonder whether the 2 semi final system will bring a better class of song and singer to the contest...........I certainly hope so.

I think 2 semi finals will change the face of the contest! I think that the diaspora voting wont change and I don't think the block voting will stop either! I think that the block voting is a part of the Eurovision and has been for years now. We all know that Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, FYR of Macedonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Montenegro will swap points with each other. We know that Greece and Cyprus will give each other 12 if they get the chance and we know that Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Iceland will swap marks. Even the former Soviet republics still swap votes and there are so many of them - Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Russia, Georgia and Armenia. So you can guarantee that some of them will meet in the semi finals.

What will happen with the semi finals though......will we see some of the former Eurovision Heavyweights going back into the final and I mean the likes of Netherlands, Cyprus, Iceland, Estonia, Portugal and Monaco (if they come back)the latter 4 having never qualified for the final since a semi final was introduced. Or will we see new Eurovision contenders beginning to emerge from the semi finals???

Watch this space as soon as I find out more it will be posted on here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Why?!