2 Semi Finals in Belgrade

My god I am so happy I booked my hotel for next years Eurovision Song Contest in Belgrade as it is going to turn into one hell of a party.
The EBU have confirmed today that there will indeed be 2 semi finals in Belgrade and the top 10 from each will qualify..........well I say top 10 very loosely because word has it that in fact the top 9 from each will definately qualify and then the 10th place in each semi final will be decided by the results of the back up juries. It is not known yet whether the countries allowed to vote in the semi will only be those competing in semi 1 or semi 2but further news will be reaching my ears very soon.........hopefully.
The EBU have confirmed that the only countries who are directly qualified to the final now will be Serbia(as the hosts, France, Germany, Spain and United Kingdom. I am assuming that it has been decided that without the Big 4 the Eurovision Song Contest will not be financially viable so they have once again been given their automatic final place..............and so it should be too!!!
I do feel sorry for Bulgaria and Belarus though having finished in the Top 10 for the first time in Helsinki they now have to qualify again............but where from? Which semi final will they be in? We currently have no news on that either at this stage but I am sure we will know soon enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Why?!