Semi Final 2 - Paul's Thoughts








1 - Iceland
2 - Sweden
3 - Turkey
4 - Ukraine
5 - Lithuania
6 - Albania
7 - Switzerland
8 - Czech Republic
9 - Belarus
10 - Latvia
11 - Croatia
12 - Bulgaria
13 - Denmark
14 - Georgia
15 - Hungary
16 - Malta
17 - Cyprus
18 - FYR Macedonia
19 - Portugal

Well this is the Semi final which I think will produce the winning song this year. Denmark, Macedonia and Portugal were all drawn first and were allowed to choose their positions and Portugal took the initiative and asked for singing last, which I think is a fantastic place for them.
The first 4 countries drawn in this semi final are all pre contest fan favourites - Iceland, Sweden, Turkey and Ukraine and will all be vying for the coveted 10 spots in the final.Then comes Lithuania and Albania and as much as I like Albania I cant see them qualifying from this spot. Then comes Switzerland, Czech Republic and Belarus which are 3 completely different songs, Latvia with their fantastic and in my opinion the best of the gimmick songs this year sing next and again I think will be another definate qualifier. Croatia hoping to bounce back from last years debacle when for the first time since they took part they were not in the final, not sure I see it happening though!! Bulgaria will no doubt be wanting to be as successful as last years entry but I am sorry folks I think the song is far to repetitive and as much as I liked the song at one point I cannot see this qualifying. Now at this stage there are 7 songs left to sing and it is not a strong ending to this semi. Denmark, Georgia, Hungary, Malta, Cyprus, Macedonia and Portugal all get their chances now and I think that we shall see at least 2 of them again in the final, those being Georgia and Portugal.
My 10 qualifiers from this Semi Final are (in no particular order):-

Iceland, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, Switzerland, Latvia, Georgia, Portugal, Denmark, Hungary and Malta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Why?!