2 to go!!!!!!!!!

Well it has been a very eventful National Final season and I have to say that for me personally I have been very disappointed with some of the songs chosen.

Only 2 of the songs that I have liked have actually qualified to represent their country - Euroband from Iceland and No Angels from Germany.

No Michelle Gayle from UK and No Beauty Queens from Serbia and Carola was knocked out of Melodifestival and The Tinkerbells wont be representing Norway.

Mind you I have to say that I do like Jelena Tomasevic and her song Oro but am not sure it will give Serbia a second win in a row. Maria Haukaas Storeng from Norway should qualify to the final with Hold on Be Strong.

The 2 songs that I did not think I would like but actually love are Vania Fernandes and her song Senhora Do Mar and also the Belgian song which is sung by Ishtar and is called O Julissi Na Jalini and once again is sung in an imaginary language - hopefully both of these songs will be heard again on the 24th May in the Eurovision final.

Israel I feel have sent an entry which is comparable to Shiri Maymon from 2005 and again should place Israel well for the final.

The 3 countries from the Caucasus region of Europe (Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia) have all sent songs which are very strong and will probably be sung again in the final.

The gimmick songs have come in thick and fast this year - Ireland, Spain, Latvia, Estonia and Bosnia but will any of the qualify to the final - well Spain is already there and will probably be joined by Latvia and Ireland.

With 2 songs to be chosen this week......I have a sneaky feeling that no matter which song represents Sweden then they also will be in the final too, but what about San Marino?? I am sure they will send a very good entry, but will have to wait and see.

I am gonna stick my neck on the line in a moment and tell you who I think will qualify to the final:-

So Joining Serbia, France, Germany, Spain and United Kingdom in the final will be:

From Semi Final 1 - Greece, Ireland, Israel, Netherlands, Slovenia, Norway, Belgium, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia

From Semi Final 2 - Bulgaria, Portugal, Ukraine, Switzerland, Iceland, Latvia, Sweden, Turkey, Georgia, Malta

I am probably far from hitting the spot with this lot, but we shall see

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Why?!