Semi Final 1 - Paul's thoughts








Semi Final 1
1 - Montenegro
2 - Israel
3 - Estonia
4 - Moldova
5 - San Marino
6 - Belgium
7 - Azerbaijan
8 - Slovenia
9 - Norway
10 - Poland
11 - Ireland
12 - Andorra
13 - Bosnia & Herzegovina
14 - Armenia
15 - Netherlands
16 - Finland
17 - Romania
18 - Russia
19 - Greece

Well what can I say Russia, Greece and Azerbaijan were the first 3 countries out and were therefore allowed to choose their singing places in the 1st Semi Final. Both Greece and Russia opting for the end of the draw whilst Azerbaijan went for 7th apparently a very lucky number in Azerbaijan.
I think that the first half of this semi final will come across as quite dull with the exceptions being the best Israeli and Belgian entries in years. Will the curse of number 2 strike Israel though???! Songs 14 - 19 make the end of this semi final very interesting as I think there are 4 of the strongest songs in the entire contest taking part in this section of the semi.
After having my Ipod set up now and listening to the songs in order of how they will be peformed on the night, this is my opinion.

Stuck between Montengro and Estonia in the draw is Israel singing 2 and should qualify as it stands out between these two. Then comes the turn of Moldova following their triumphant Top 10 in Helsinki I cannot unfortunately see Geta Burlaco repeating the feat and will be suprised if she qualifies at all, 12 points from Romania will help. San Marino sing 5th and again the Italian language should help but I dont think that they will get enough votes to go through. However Belgium, Azerbaijan, Slovenia and Norway are next and these should in my opinion all qualify for the final. Then we come to Poland may get the jury vote but cannot see the televote going their way. Ireland sing in 11th and I still think this will qualify but dont think that it will be as popular as some think....I just dont think Europe will get it!! Poor Gisela from Andorra has got her work cut out she sings 12th and has got the Irish before her and Bosnia singing immediately after her and I think she may get lost in there. Then we come into the final 6 songs and what an ending we should have here - Armenia, Netherlands, Finland, Romania, Russia and Greece.... In my opinion 4 out of this final 6 songs should qualify but I think that Finland and Romania could be vying for the jury vote.
So here goes - my qualifiers from this semi final are (in no particular order):-

Israel, Belgium, Azerbaijan, Slovenia, Norway, Ireland, Armenia, Netherlands, Russia and Greece

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Why?!