BooHoo........National Final Season Ended........

Which means next stop Belgrade!!!.............YIPPEE

Tonight saw the very last National Final of the 2008 Eurovision Season with the Swedish Melodifestivalen and no suprises to the winning song. Charlotte Pirelli gave a truly fabulous performance with her song "Hero" which won the jury vote and came second with the public vote beating Sanna and her song "Empty Room" into 2nd place.

San Marino also chose their song this week making them the 42nd country to choose and I have to say I am disappointed with their entry and cannot personally see it qualifying to the final. If San Marino doesn't qualify will this be then of a potential Italian revival and re-entry in 2009...........I hope not!!

So lets see......... do I have a personal favourite this year? The answer to that question is yes! Iceland is my favourite and I think it is about time that this little island in the North Atlantic won this contest. Over the years they have sent many fantastic entries but only come really close once and that was in 1999 when Selma came second behind Charlotte Pirelli (when she was Charlotte Nilsson). Will this year be their revenge?

My top 3 is currently Iceland, Sweden and Norway

Good Luck to all the competitors on Belgrade.....and I can't wait to be there

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Why?!