Well in my opinion it is. I watched it when I got home from work last night as is the norm for me on a Saturday if I happen to be working because of course I want to see whether the Icelandic heats are getting better or worse!!! Ihave to say in my opinion which I might add is not a professional opinion by any stretch of the imagination yesterdays heat was by far and away the best yet. The song which has been sent to the National Final in Iceland is probably the catchiest yet and I believe stands the best chance at the moment compared to the others................mind you with do have The Hara Sisters to see yet and their song...... Could the Icelandic Heats be turning into compulsive watching amongst fans!!!!????? we shall have to see.
Ruslan Alenho with his song "Hasta La Vista". Will he do as well as Koldun in Helsinki? I am not sure!!! The song itself is very "Europop" and seems to be following a trend at the moment amongst those that have chosen to have this type of music rather than following in the footsteps of last years winner. Will Belarus go through to the final with this song on May 24th? I am not sure I suppose it depends who else is in the semi final with them and which nation the former Soviet States decide to vote for this year. All things considered Good Luck to Belarus in Belgrade!
Hello all, first off an apology! The blog has been dormant for far too long. I'm hoping to start writing regular posts even throughout the ESC off season (is there an off season?!) If you have any suggestions for what you'd like to see covered in the blog, please leave a comment or contact me. After seeing Portugal winning in 2017, I was hoping that a trend of voting on the quality of a song would emerge and we would start seeing some really good songs winning Eurovision. Well, that didn't last very long did it?! At the end of the day, the public voted in their masses for Netta, I can't help but think Eurovision took a step backwards when she won. What is more worrying for me is that some really good songs and good quality singers didn't get rated well by so-called expert juries. I understand that they still have to vote for songs they like, but surely the juries should be considering quality and structures of songs, quality of voice etc. w...
Well another year's contest is over and I'm now back at home. So what are my thoughts on the contest? There are two things that stand out this year.... 1. Belgrade's/Serbia's apathy towards the contest, and 2. The results (as always!) So let's look at them in turn.... 1. After the recent elections, it appears that Serbians are keen to join the EU and after many years of troubles, which I will not go into, I would have thought that hosting the Eurovision would have been an excellent way to show what they are capable of. However, in the city itself, you would have been hard pressed to actually know that the contest was taking place! For most of the week, the only thing you could see with regards to the Eurovision was that a few shops were cashing in on the merchandise, a single information stall in one of the squares and I saw one advertisment for the Azerbaijan entry (there may have been more). So why did they not take up the opportunity? Was it that after the rec...
Comments