More reviews....

We're now one song away from knowing the full line-up, so let's continue with the Terminal3 reviews....

Belgium - Iris with Would you?... I get the same feeling for this as I did for Jade Ewen's 2009 UK entry. Maybe better suited to a Musical than Eurovision. I could quite imagine this song on a London Westend stage. However, Jade had a better voice and even though I don't hate this song, I don't think it has enough to trouble the scoreboard in the final...that's if it qualifies (think it may struggle to qualify.)

Bosnia & Herzegovina - Maya Sar with Korake ti znam... I had to listen to this song a number of times when writing this review and still can't really put my finger on why I can't really say whether I like it or not. It's a change from recent Bosnian entries and this is possibly why. I was expecting a usual Bosnian entry, but instead I listened to this which I'm afraid just didn't really inspire me.

Greece - Eleftheria Eleftheriou with Aphrodisiac... Another pop song with a Greek feel that they do so well. This will attract votes as many countries like this style. Nothing spectacular about this song, but it flows well and should get into the final. I don't think it's got that extra something, like their 2005 winning song had, to make it Greece's second winner.

Italy - Nina Zilli now with L'amore e Femmina... For some reason Italy decided to change songs, maybe for the better. Not a patch on last year's entry and it sounds a bit too messy for me. I've seen a lot of these types of song get lost among the many other songs. I doubt they will go one further this year.

FYR Macedonia - Kaliopi with Crno I belo.... I really can't gel with this song. The guitar seems to be battling with her for control. Would have been a much nicer song if they had kept the song simple.

Montenegro - Rambo Amadeus with Euro Neuro.... Oh dear! Stupid name, stupid song, stupid choice! Getting the theme yet? Why countries enter songs like this is beyond me!

UK - Englebert Humperdinck with Love will set you free.... If you have read my other blogs regarding him being chosen, you will know I am against his selection. Don't get me wrong, he has a good voice and you can't deny he has the experience, but he's not for Eurovision in my eyes. This has followed with the song. It's an ok song, sang really well by Englebert, but it's too bland and boring for Eurovision! I could see this as a tv programme's theme tune, but in Eurovision you have 3 minutes to leave a mark. I don't think this has enough get up and go to do that.

So tonight we should have the final song revealed. San Marino have had to either tweak their current song to remove the Facebook references or choose another song. I assume it will be a new song as I can't see how you can remove Facebook references from a song about the social network site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Why?!