Another six reviewed.

Well, the list of performers is getting close to completion with only eight songs left to be chosen or revealed.

So, it's time to continue my review of the songs revealed since my last instalment....

Portugal - Filipa Sousa with Vida Minha. This song has then same feel for me as Portugal's 2008 song. Has a good ethnic feel to it, but doesn't seem to inspire as much as 2008. Maybe one that will grow on me in the up and coming weeks!

Romania - Mandinga with Zaleilah. A catchy track, but I don't know whether it is just too busy. Seems a lot for six performers to carry off live. I suppose, again, it depends on the performance on the night. It's a bit poppy, it's a bit dancy!

Russia - Buranovskiye Babushki with Party for Everyone. The opening is very good... that's until they start singing! I'm sure it will pick up loads of votes... all for the wrong reasons! Laughable choice from the Russians.

Serbia - Zeljko Joksimovic with Nije Ljubav Stvar. The 2004 runner-up returns for Serbia. At the moment it is not known if Zeljko will sing in Serbian (Nije Ljubav Stvar) or in English (Synonym). Even though I prefer English lyrics for obvious reasons, I have to say I prefer the Serbian version as it seems more natural. I like this song. It's very anthemic and it should definitely be in the mix at the top of the leaderboard in the final.

Slovakia - Max Jason Mai with Don't Close Your Eyes. I may be wrong, but isn't this the first rock track chosen for this year's contest? An ok song, but that's all. I don't think it will reach the finals as it just doesn't seem to offer enough.

Sweden - Loreen with Euphoria. The favourite to win Melodifestivalen did in fact win and will raise the Swedes hopes again of winning. I can understand why! It's a very good song with a fantastic strong singer leading it. Again it will be in the mix for the final and I wouldn't back against it winning if she can carry the song off on stage.


So with more songs added to the list, I am getting more and more excited for this year's contest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Why?!