22 songs now online

So with the national final season in full swing, the stream of mp3s of the songs are finding their way onto the internet and fan's computers.

At the moment, there appears to be 22 available... Albania, Austria, Belarus, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine. There is also possibly Italy online as well if they decide to go with Nina's Sanremo entry.

Below are my thoughts on the songs. Quality of the sound files differ from bad to very good, so please bear this in mind when you read my comments....

1. Albania - In two words... boring & painful! I found it really hard to listen to this to the end. Will find it very hard to reach the final.

2. Austria - Oh dear! I take it Austria don't want to win?!

3. Belarus - With a good presentation I think this song has a very good chance of reaching the final as it could stand out. However, a bad presentation and it could get lost. Streets ahead of the first two songs!

4. Croatia - Another decent entry from Croatia. Sounds like a strong voice and solid song.

5. Cyprus - A dance track. I like it, but will it fall into the trap of many other dance tracks where it is performed badly on the night? Hope it gets through.

6. Denmark - I like this song. Seems to offer nice vocals from singer and keeps my interest.

7. Finland - Pleasant song, but takes too long to get going. Good voice.

8. France - This was a bad recording I listened to, but this was an interesting song. A bit of a 80's sound I thought and I like it. One of the best out of France in a few years I think.

9. Georgia - Oh dear! Yes you are a joker, but not a Eurovision final qualifier hopefully!

10. Germany - Germany continues to send decent entries after two years of Lena. Germany raising the bar for the big five? I think so.

11. Hungary - Not a patch on last years entry from Hungary. Ok, but seems to lack something I can't put my finger on.

12. Iceland - A haunting tune which I think will depend on presentation like Belarus, but the tune could drag it into the finals.

13. Ireland - Jedward is back for Ireland! But hang on, is it Jedward? A much more mature song from the brothers and I have to admit that I love it! They will get people up and dancing again. We could see Ireland going close again.

14. Israel - Another poor recording to listen to. I don't know how to take it. Parts of it I like, others I dislike. Hopefully with a bit of tweaking this could turn into a good one. ELO-esque in parts, Sesame Street-esque in others.

15. Latvia - I don't understand why you would write about a previous Eurovision entrant? Is it in the hope of getting at least one set of 12 points from Ireland? Sorry Latvia, but I think this would have had a better chance in the Junior ESC.

16. Malta - Not the best of it's type so far. They will have to mess around with it a bit more, maybe speed it up to get a chance of qualifying.

17. The Netherlands - The Dutch are still not wanting to win Eurovision. A poor Lena copy.

18. Norway - A second dance track. I like it, but again, does dance really work live? Most don't.

19. Slovenia - An interesting entry from Slovenia. A pleasant track and could do well with a good vocal performance.

20. Switzerland - An upbeat song which again depends on live performance.

21. Turkey - Turkey returning to a more traditional sound. Think they will attract votes, but whether they will get enough to win... I doubt it.

22. Ukraine - A poor recording to listen to. Another dance track. Sounded ok, but not as good as the other dance tracks already chosen.


These are my own quick opinions and after listening a bit more, you never know they may change. There are some good songs chosen this year already and I'm looking forward to the contest even more after listening to them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Oh dear Cyprus!