44 Years Ago Today

Was the the night that France Gall won the 10th Eurovision Song Contest which was held in the RAI Concert Hall in Naples, Italy. This is one of the earliest contests that I have on DVD and I actually watched it a couple of nights ago. I have to say that for me it is not a classic contest and I like the winning song "Poupee de Cire, Poupee de Son" but still think that Kathy Kirby and her song "I Belong" was actually better in a lot of ways on the night and was by far the most polished performance of the evening. However the night belonged to France Gall singing for Luxembourg and winning the contest for the tiny Duchy for the second time. Luxembourg won the contest by 6 points from United Kingdom which does not really seem a great deal but at the time it was a landslide victory and one that France Gall had held from the very first vote was cast by the Dutch Jury.

The Top 5 of 1965:-

1. Luxembourg - France Gall Singing Poupee de Cire, Poupee de Son
2. United Kingdom - Kathy Kirby singing I Belong
3. France - Guy Mardel singing N'Avoue Jamais
4. Austria - Udo Jurgens singing Sag Ihr, Ich Lass Sie Grussen
5. Italy - Bobby Solo singing Se Piangi, Se Ridi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Why?!