Voting!!!!!!!!



Well I wonder what the EBU have up their sleeves regarding the Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow? Personally I think they are trialing the 50/50 voting at the JESC to see what happens.

In my opinion (and this is only my opinion) I think that to bring back a partial jury vote is the best idea..........unfortunately I'm not sure that allowing total televoting is the way forward. After watching the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest I think that a lot of the good quality songs were lost in the semi finals and should have qualified - I mean what happened to Netherlands (again)?

The final is another good one to look at too............ There were several very good vocal performances in the final and I believe that they lost out to "neighbourly" or "diaspora" televoting. We will never be able to turn round to a Lithuanian living in Ireland and say "You cant vote for Lithuania" but I feel that by having a 50/50 vote the guarantee of 12 points from Ireland to Lithuania (should Lithuania be in the final) is not as guaranteed as pre 2007.

Would Russia have won if in 2008 if 50/50 voting had been used? Im not sure!!!

It would be interesting to see what the result would have been if the back up juries had been used........Unofficially the Turkish jury vote has been made public (but is it true?) and it makes good reading especially when compared to the televote from the same country.

JURY VOTE

12 - Ukraine
10 - Sweden
8 - United Kingdom
7 - Norway
6 - Serbia
5 - Iceland
4 - Greece
3 - Israel
2 - Poland
1 - Portugal

TELEVOTE

12 - Azerbaijan
10 - Armenia
8 - Ukraine
7 - Greece
6 - Bosnia & herzegovina
5 - Russia
4 - Georgia
3 - Spain
2 - Norway
1 - Albania
The comparison says it all - Ukraine, Greece and Norway are the only ones from the Televote that appeared in the Jury Vote.

So will it be 50/50 televote/jury vote next year in Moscow............we shall have to see.

Comments

Schlager Queen said…
I hope you are right. It would be great to have a 50/50 split. This years jury influence in the semis definately helped balance things.
Paul said…
@Schlager Queen

Thanks for your comments..I like you believe that the influence of giving the juries the opportunity to send 1 song through was very beneficial...Mind you I am still suprised that the song was from Sweden, I like many others thought that Charlotte would be fighting for the title this year.

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Why?!