Semi Final 2

After listening to Semi Final 1 and writing my comments I thought I had better do the same with Semi Final 2:-

1 - Serbia - Zeljko is back and with a song that I actually dont think is as good as his previous attempt. A haunting ballad and should qualify.

2 - Macedonia - I have only liked a couple of the previous Macedonian entries. However this one joins that list. A mid tempo ballad with a strong chorus and could be the first finalist from Macedonia in a while.

3 - Netherlands - A beautiful folksy song, very catchy and some beautiful words. This surely must give Netherlands their first qualifier from the Semi Finals after some absolute corkers and some very undeserved non qualifiers.

4 - Malta - Another solo male singer from the small island that would love to win the competition. Catchy disco in a similar vane to last years song by Glen Vella. As much as I like it I think this could be a similar finish for them this year.

5 - Belarus - The best of the boybands in my opinion and I think is a dead cert for the final, though not a winner. I think that it will be on the left hand side of the scoreboard on the night of the final.

6 - Portugal - One country which (after being the only one that still sticks to its roots and refuses to send songs in English) deserves to win. Another well sung ballad by a female with a beautiful voice. Will it get to the final though??? Im not so sure

7 - Ukraine - Another massive dance song and sung by a woman with a powerful voice. It needs some work but not much. Im concerned that this years Ukraine entry might actually turn out to be the 2012 ‘Kate Ryan”

8 - Bulgaria - Two dance songs in a row......... and to be honest I think this cancels out the previous song by Ukraine. This is a very clubby song and would not look out of place in any nightclub.

9 - Slovenia - For me their best entry in years and they have sent some good ones. A power ballad in the style of Molitva. I may have a sneaky £10 each way on this.

10 - Croatia - A classic ballad and sung by another strong female. It reminds me of Lako je Sve in sound and think it could do well.

11 - Sweden - Well Sweden went big last year and this year they gone gargantuan. Loreen sings this song which is another club classic absolutely fabulously and even though not my favourite it would not suprise me to be in Stockholm in 2013.

12 - Georgia - This is growing on me very quickly. I cant see them keeping their 100% qualification and think this will end up towards the bottom end of the Semi Final scoreboard.

13 - Turkey - Starts very ethnically then bounces into quite a catchy little number. Once again though I think the Turks could end up not qualifying.

14 - Estonia - A ballad which is a bit of a grower, though Im not sure I think its a qualifier. I think the previous 2 songs and the one following may scupper their chances.

15 - Slovakia - The only real Heavy Metal track this year and could stand out. Not saying that I think its fab cos really its not my cup of tea. However it could just push some of the other songs down the rankings.

16 - Norway - Tooji the Eric Saade copycat to be honest. Another catchy dance track with a good chorus which will put Norway back into the final after Stella’s stumble last year.

17 - Bosnia & Herzegovina - Maya Sara sings another ballad from the former Yugoslavs and it is another good one. I think she sings this very well. It will the last of the former Yugoslavs to sing and will probably benefit from that.

18 - Lithuania - Another male and another ballad though this time it is a little bit more mid tempo. Not one of my favourites, but hey what do I know???

My 10 to qualify at the moment from Semi Final 2 are:-

Sweden
Slovenia
Netherlands
Serbia
Norway
Malta
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Ukraine
Belarus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Oh dear Cyprus!