4 Months Since Dusseldorf

Is it really just over 4 months since we were all either glued to the tv watching the Eurovision Song Contest or, as in my case, in the arena.

What a fantastic experience it was and for me probably the best contest I have been to since 2007 which was my first one and even now still holds a very special place in my heart and always will.

In Helsinki I met my fellow blogger Colin who is one of my closest friends and in Dusseldorf I met so many new friends that I know will be lifelong friends and I am looking forward to seeing them all at the OGAE UK Eurobash in a couple of weeks.

Now going back to Dusseldorf!!!

The highlights for me were Italy coming second and for a short time I seriously thought we were going to Rome next year........ however, Baku it will be.

Not my favourite winner and I certainly didnt see it winning! However they have ploughed so much money into winning it, it was likely to happen!!

My winner was of course Italy............ jazz and blues have never been my favourite genre of music but this song just blew me away from the first moment I heard it. He did not disappoint on the night either and was by far and away for me the best singer of the contest with Nadine Beiler from Austria who's haunting ballad was just beautiful. I was so please that she reached the final but very disappointed that her song didnt reach the Top 5.

Blue were ok!!! I loved the song but there was something missing in their performance.

Now regarding the semi finals. I have to say that as much as I loved Israel, Norway, Turkey and Poland I was not suprised that they failed to qualify......... Poland however I was more upset for than the rest.

Malta for me was the biggest suprise not to qualify as his performance in the semi final was awesome and yes I was there waving the Maltese flag for Glen Vella.

There are 2 songs which have grown on me loads since the contest........... Russia and Georgia. I hated Georgia before the contest and wasn't that enthralled to see them qualify but now I absolutely love it.

Now sand art is not something I would rave about but the Ukrainian song reduced me to tears in the arena and the reason was the interpretation of the sand art with the song which was so moving.

One of the biggest memories of the final night was whilst the votes were being cast and told that the rumour was that Italy had won the jury vote and that this would let the UK in to win...................... this did not seem impossible following the huge reaction the Blue boys got, however, of course we now know differently. But wasnt it lovely to see the United Kingdom at the top of the scoreboard for at least 1 round of voting.

Sweden had a fabulous contest even though there was problems during the rehearshals.

And wasn't it lovely to see Switzerland in the final......... Anna Rosselini did a fantastic job and did not deserve the last place by a long way.

Now onto Baku................ lots of rumours already.......... Steps or Joe McElderry for the UK. Ultra Nate have applied for Switzerland, Hari Mata Hari is apparently going for Bosnia again........ but we shall see over the next few months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Quick Note to our readers to say.......

Looking back

Oh dear Cyprus!